Skip to main content

[Outlander Summary] S05E07: The Ballad of Roger Mac.


Claire Fraser Monolgue #1:

We went to Hillsborough ready for what outcome, we couldn't know. But a good soldier is taught to be prepared, ready to fight, and ready to die if need be. But what no one can prepare for is to face family in the time of war.

The militia arrived at the Alamance Creek, a Southwest of Hillsborough. When Jamie gives his militia a cockades for their identity in battle field, Isaiah Morton appear and ask for his. His present spark anger from Alicia Brown's family. Bree and Jemmy who wants to stay close to Roger stay with Aunt Jocasta's friend.

Tryon received a report about the rebels led by Murtagh Fitzgibbons attack General Waddell's troops and forced to retreat. Know the position of regulators, the governor order to prepare the men even though a minister sent from the other side with a "peace" petition.

Studied history in her time, the name of Alamance Creek remind Bree about the battle that for some people consider it to be the spark of the American revolution. Roger volunteer to deliver the message to Murtagh. When he's in the regulators camp, Roger put himself in a misconception situation.


The battle keeps on going and Jamie has to lose his godfather in his arm.

Music on Outlander S05E07: The Ballad of Roger Mac.

Comments

Popular Post This Week:

[Outlander Summary] S01E01: Sassenach.

For a tv show, the first episode is very important. Because it will determine whether the audience will continue watching or not. Well, I belong to this category. There is no chance for the second or third episode hehehe. Outlander S01E01 "Sassenach" managed to attract me to watch the next episodes because of the interesting and solid storyline, and strong characteristics. When in fact I am less interested with a story "traveling through time" background. Claire Randall Monologue # 1: People disappear all the time. Young girls run away from home. Children stray from their parents and are never seen again. Housewives take the grocery money, and a taxi to the train station. Most are found eventually. Disappearances, after all, have explanations. Usually. Strange, the things you remember. Single images and feelings that stay with you down through the years. Like the moment I realized I'd never owned a vase. That I'd never lived any place l...

[Outlander Summary] S01E06: The Garrison Commander.

Concern about Claire well being, lieutenant Jeremy Foster take her to meet his commander at Brockton. Dougal come along with them. Claire is welcome by the brigadier general, Sir Oliver Lord Thomas, and join him and his men for lunch. There's a tension interaction between Dougal and Lord Thomas that makes Dougal has to leave the room. Claire Randall Monologue #1: Even though I wasn't going by my own choice, I still felt a heaviness leave my breast. And for the first time since I passed through the standing stones at Craigh na Dun, I found myself surrounded by my own people. They might be called Redcoats instead of Tommies, but they were still the British Army I had been a part of for six long years. And somehow it felt liberating to be looked upon with sympathy and respect instead of hostility and suspicion. I knew only too well what Dougal was feeling. A Scottish village it may be, and on Mackenzie land at that, but for Dougal, it was now enemy territory, and...