Skip to main content

[Outlander Summary] S03E05: Freedom & Whisky.


Boston, 1968. Claire and Bree back to their life in Boston. Claire rock on her surgery and Bree studying history but has something else in her mind that cause her failing in class. She miss Frank. Claire's coworker says Claire look different since she came back from Scotland. She open up a little bit about her past to Joe.

Roger surprise both Claire and Brianna when he show up in Boston unannounced. Claire and Bree in the middle of heated argument because Brianna want to withdraw from Harvard and moving out. However, Claire is aware of Roger real reason to come visit them specially in Christmas time.

Roger give another surprise to Claire, say he found Jamie. He show her some articles that he believe wrote by Jamie under a name Alexander Malcolm. Claire say she won't go back to Jamie and abandon Brianna. She ask Roger to never tell Bree about this new finding.

At hospital, Joe is observing a skeleton of a woman in her late 40s from 150 years ago lives in Caribbean. Claire give some sight on the case. When Bree came home, she invited Roger to come with her to Harvard event because they naming a fellowship after Frank.


At the event, Claire have a confrontation with Frank's other woman, Sandy, who accused Claire a selfish person for not letting Frank go from their broken marriage. Brianna witness the exchange and demand her mom to tell her the truth. Claire tells Bree about Sandy and also the new proof that Roger found about Jamie.

Claire Randall Monologue #1:

I had been, in many ways, further than the moon, on an even more impossible journey. And the answer was yes, you can come back to your life, but it's never the same.

But maybe it was enough to have gone once. How many people can say they had that?.

Even though Bree give Claire her permission to go back to find Jamie, it is still hard for Claire to not seeing Brianna grow up as a woman. Bree tell Claire to not worry about her because she's strong just like Claire.

For Christmas gift, Bree and Roger give Claire important stuff she needs when she's back to travel time again. Claire also borrowed some scalpels and penicillin from the hospital. Claire spend day and night to tailor her own customize dress that she call it bat-suit.

Claire give Brianna the Scottish pearls Jamie gave her on their wedding night. Ask her to wear them on her wedding day.

Claire Randall Monologue #2:

When I was small, I never wanted to step in puddles. I couldn't bring myself to believe that the perfect, smooth expanse was no more than a thin film of water over solid earth.

I believed it was an opening into some fathomless space and if I stepped in, I would drop at once and keep on falling. Even now, when I see a puddle in my path, my mind half halts, though my feet do not, and I hurry on...

With only the echo of the thought left behind.


Music on Outlander Summary S03E05: Freedom & Whisky.

Comments

Popular Post This Week:

[Outlander Summary] S03E13: Eye of the Storm.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1: I was dead. Everything around me was a blinding white, and there was a soft rushing sound, like the wings of angels. I felt peaceful and bodiless... Free of terror, free of rage, filled with a quiet happiness. After Captain Leonard arrest Jamie, Claire went to search for young Ian by herself using the information her manservant gave. Claire got caught by a guard and take her to meet Geillis. Meanwhile Jamie once again is saved by John Grey before Captain Leonard take him back to Scotland. Influenced by The Campbell siblings, Geillis have crazy theory about her and Claire traveling time life and her political believes. Jamie came to save Claire when Geillis locked her up in one of her rooms. Claire and Jamie follow the guards whose taking young Ian somewhere. After hearing about the Brahan Seer prophecy from Margaret's brother and what is in Geillis mind, Claire and Jamie rush to a place named Abandawe. In there, they found Geillis preparing t...

[Outlander Summary] S02E08: The Fox's Lair.

Back in Scotland, Jamie received a letter from his cousin, Jared, that have Jamie name signed along witth Stuart Crest. It's mean all the clan or an individual name pledging loyalty to Charles Stuart. However Jamie never sign it. His cousin forged his signature. Charles has landed in Scotland and gathering his army. Jamie has no choice now except join the rebellion army. Claire suggested they leave the country instead. But, Jamie choose to fight for his family and Scotland, and hoping the change of history along the way. Jamie and Claire go to visit his grandfather, Lord Lovat, to ask support for Jacobite and in two weeks will be meet Murtagh and Lallybroch's men in Kingussie. Claire Fraser Monologue #1: During our ride to Beaufort Castle, Jamie filled me in on what he knew of his grandfather. Over the last 50 years, Lord Simon Fraser of Lovat had been alternately loyal< to both the exiled King James and the monarchs sitting on the British throne. His personal life was...

[Outlander Summary] S01E01: Sassenach.

For a tv show, the first episode is very important. Because it will determine whether the audience will continue watching or not. Well, I belong to this category. There is no chance for the second or third episode hehehe. Outlander S01E01 "Sassenach" managed to attract me to watch the next episodes because of the interesting and solid storyline, and strong characteristics. When in fact I am less interested with a story "traveling through time" background. Claire Randall Monologue # 1: People disappear all the time. Young girls run away from home. Children stray from their parents and are never seen again. Housewives take the grocery money, and a taxi to the train station. Most are found eventually. Disappearances, after all, have explanations. Usually. Strange, the things you remember. Single images and feelings that stay with you down through the years. Like the moment I realized I'd never owned a vase. That I'd never lived any place l...