Skip to main content

[Outlander Summary] S03E02: Surrender.


It's Scotland, 1752. The redcoats still looking for Jamie whose now called Dunbonnet. Ian and Jenny deny Jamie return to Lallybroch when a British officer ask them. Alive but don't want to put his family in danger, Jamie choose to live in the forest in hidden cave alone.

One day, Fergus came to see him ask Jamie to teach him how to shoot. Fergus bring a pistol he found in dovecote. Fergus reason is he wants to defend their home on next rebellion. Jamie ask him to return the pistol where he found it.

Jenny is in the middle of giving birth when Jamie came to look at the Lallybroch ledgers. Fergus shot a ravens that sit on Lallybroch gate because afraid with old saying it's a messengers of death. Jenny give birth to a boy and named him Ian.


A redcoats group heard the shot and search the weapon inside the Lallybroch. Jamie whilst holding his newborn nephew hide in one of the rooms. When Fergus go inside the forest to see Jamie, he's been followed by 2 British soldiers. Angry because Fergus trick and provoke them, one of the soldiers cut his left hand.

In different time, Claire enjoying her new role as a mother. She and Frank seems to reconcile their marriage again. Reconnect and socialize with new friends. Claire want to do something more and decide to join Harvard medical school.

Understand the redcoats won't stop until they capture him, Jamie plan to surrender. He do this so the British not come after his family anymore and they can get the reward money for daily needs. Jenny against the idea but have no other choice.

Claire Randall Monologue #1:

I threw myself into my new role as best I could. But there was still something missing in my life. Once, I had thought I was whole.

I'd been able to love a man, to bear a child, to heal the sick, and all these things were natural parts of me.

But the man I had loved was Jamie, and for a time, I had been part of something greater than myself.

I wanted that again. That's why I knew, eventually, I would need to do something more.


Music on Outlander Summary S03E02: Surrender.

Comments

Popular Post This Week:

[Outlander Summary] S05E07: The Ballad of Roger Mac.

Claire Fraser Monolgue #1: We went to Hillsborough ready for what outcome, we couldn't know. But a good soldier is taught to be prepared, ready to fight, and ready to die if need be. But what no one can prepare for is to face family in the time of war. The militia arrived at the Alamance Creek, a Southwest of Hillsborough. When Jamie gives his militia a cockades for their identity in battle field, Isaiah Morton appear and ask for his. His present spark anger from Alicia Brown's family. Bree and Jemmy who wants to stay close to Roger stay with Aunt Jocasta's friend. Tryon received a report about the rebels led by Murtagh Fitzgibbons attack General Waddell's troops and forced to retreat. Know the position of regulators, the governor order to prepare the men even though a minister sent from the other side with a "peace" petition. Studied history in her time, the name of Alamance Creek remind Bree about the battle that for some people consider it to be...

[Outlander Summary] S02E12: The Hail Mary.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1: It was hard to believe that these were the same brave Highland warriors who had beaten the British army at Prestonpans and Falkirk, who had marched triumphantly into England. Five months of retreat with not enough food and brutal weather had left them broken and demoralized. Our worst nightmare was coming true and I felt completely helpless in the face of it. They arrive just outside of Inverness and get some rest. Even though Dougal and his men are tired, Jamie still ask him to take a patrol to locate the British army. Don't want waste more time, Jamie sent Murtagh to fetch the prince so they can make plan sooner. The three of them know what will happen next because Culloden Moor lies just a few miles east. When Claire go to Inverness to replenish her medical supplies, she met Mary Hawkins. Mary doesn't look happy to meet Claire because she knew what exactly Claire told Alex in Paris about their relationship . Claire offer Mary to apolo...

[Outlander Summary] S01E06: The Garrison Commander.

Concern about Claire well being, lieutenant Jeremy Foster take her to meet his commander at Brockton. Dougal come along with them. Claire is welcome by the brigadier general, Sir Oliver Lord Thomas, and join him and his men for lunch. There's a tension interaction between Dougal and Lord Thomas that makes Dougal has to leave the room. Claire Randall Monologue #1: Even though I wasn't going by my own choice, I still felt a heaviness leave my breast. And for the first time since I passed through the standing stones at Craigh na Dun, I found myself surrounded by my own people. They might be called Redcoats instead of Tommies, but they were still the British Army I had been a part of for six long years. And somehow it felt liberating to be looked upon with sympathy and respect instead of hostility and suspicion. I knew only too well what Dougal was feeling. A Scottish village it may be, and on Mackenzie land at that, but for Dougal, it was now enemy territory, and...