Skip to main content

[Outlander Summary] S02E07: Faith.


Claire was taken to charity hospital immediately. Tired emotionally and physically watching Jamie duel with Randall, Claire lost the baby. Even though the baby born dead, Mother Hildegard still baptized and named her Faith.

Because of Claire having a high fever, Mother Hildegard call a priest to preparing her soul. Master Raymond sneak into the hospital at night to heal Claire from high fever.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1:

A white hotness burned deep in my bones. I knew what it was. Puerperal fever.

The baby had come, but part of the placenta had not. It festered inside my womb... but as Raymond's hands moved over the meridians of my body, I could feel the tiny deaths of the bacteria that inhabited my blood.

Small explosions as each scintilla of infection disappeared. The fever drained from my bones, and my tortured body relaxed gratefully
into the frame of his hands, melting and reforming like moulded wax.

I don't know what he did or how he did it...
But he healed me. Once more, he saved my life.

Mother superior is surprise but happy seeing Claire in better condition. From Mother Hildegard as well Claire know Jamie is arrested inside Bastille for dueling and don't know exactly how long. She also inform her Jack Randall still alive.

Claire Fraser Monologue #2:

So, Jack Randall was still alive. The cat with nine lives. And thus, so was Frank. But at what cost?.

Claire Fraser Monologue #3:

I laid in that bed for weeks. My body had healed. My soul had not.
One day Fergus came. He brought flowers and asked me to come home.
I'd lost my husband and my child.

Where else could I go?.

After several weeks in the hospital, Claire finally came home. When Claire couldn't sleep at night, she heard Fergus having a bad dream. Fergus tell him everything about what really happened when Jamie and him visit Maison Elise to take care of Prince Charles payment problem.

With Mother Hildegard help, Claire wants to have a private audience with The King and asking forgiveness for Jamie. However, there is a price for such request.

Claire Fraser Monologue #4:

He was called Louis the Well-Beloved.
His rule was absolute.
He could free Jamie with a word or kill him.
He could do with me as he liked.
I waited to see what His Majesty's pleasure might be.

When Claire meet The King, he ask her a small favor in return.


Claire Fraser Monologue #5:

When I saw Monsieur Forez, the king's executioner, I knew his presence
could mean only one thing... There would be death here today.

Claire Fraser Monologue #6:

Even knowing St Germain tried to poison me, I found it hard to condemn him cold-bloodedly to death.

Claire Fraser Monologue #7:

I decided to take a page out of Master Raymond's book, so to speak. I looked through the evidence, the remnants from his shop and found the herb I was looking for.

I knew the cascara would make both men ill, but wouldn't kill them. And perhaps Louis, having had his show, would be appeased and set them free.

I never saw Raymond add anything to it, no one had. It was another amazing feat, a sleight of hand like the one he'd shown me in his shop.

All I knew was that this time, inside the cup, was death. St Germain knew it too.

Claire Fraser Monologue #8:

Perhaps it was the shock of what I'd been through, but as Master Raymond was led away, what ran through my brain was a line from a film.

You know the one. "I'm going to miss you most of all."

Claire Fraser Monologue #9:

I closed my eyes and thought of England.

The King keep his words and release Jamie from Bastille right away. Both Jamie and Claire are devastated and heart broken of losing their first child. They both decided to go back to Scotland. But before they're leaving France, they visit Faith grave.


Claire Fraser Monologue #10:

We returned to heal in the peace of the Scottish Highlands. Jamie's sister Jenny, and her husband Ian, had had another baby while we were in Paris.

Their welcome and the daily routines of Lallybroch worked like a tonic on our battered souls. We hoped we had done enough to stop the war. We began planning our future.

But as a very prescient Scot once observed, "The best laid schemes of mice and men."

Music on Outlander Summary S02E07: Faith.

Comments

Popular Post This Week:

[Outlander Summary] S03E13: Eye of the Storm.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1: I was dead. Everything around me was a blinding white, and there was a soft rushing sound, like the wings of angels. I felt peaceful and bodiless... Free of terror, free of rage, filled with a quiet happiness. After Captain Leonard arrest Jamie, Claire went to search for young Ian by herself using the information her manservant gave. Claire got caught by a guard and take her to meet Geillis. Meanwhile Jamie once again is saved by John Grey before Captain Leonard take him back to Scotland. Influenced by The Campbell siblings, Geillis have crazy theory about her and Claire traveling time life and her political believes. Jamie came to save Claire when Geillis locked her up in one of her rooms. Claire and Jamie follow the guards whose taking young Ian somewhere. After hearing about the Brahan Seer prophecy from Margaret's brother and what is in Geillis mind, Claire and Jamie rush to a place named Abandawe. In there, they found Geillis preparing t...

[Outlander Summary] S02E08: The Fox's Lair.

Back in Scotland, Jamie received a letter from his cousin, Jared, that have Jamie name signed along witth Stuart Crest. It's mean all the clan or an individual name pledging loyalty to Charles Stuart. However Jamie never sign it. His cousin forged his signature. Charles has landed in Scotland and gathering his army. Jamie has no choice now except join the rebellion army. Claire suggested they leave the country instead. But, Jamie choose to fight for his family and Scotland, and hoping the change of history along the way. Jamie and Claire go to visit his grandfather, Lord Lovat, to ask support for Jacobite and in two weeks will be meet Murtagh and Lallybroch's men in Kingussie. Claire Fraser Monologue #1: During our ride to Beaufort Castle, Jamie filled me in on what he knew of his grandfather. Over the last 50 years, Lord Simon Fraser of Lovat had been alternately loyal< to both the exiled King James and the monarchs sitting on the British throne. His personal life was...

[Outlander Summary] S01E01: Sassenach.

For a tv show, the first episode is very important. Because it will determine whether the audience will continue watching or not. Well, I belong to this category. There is no chance for the second or third episode hehehe. Outlander S01E01 "Sassenach" managed to attract me to watch the next episodes because of the interesting and solid storyline, and strong characteristics. When in fact I am less interested with a story "traveling through time" background. Claire Randall Monologue # 1: People disappear all the time. Young girls run away from home. Children stray from their parents and are never seen again. Housewives take the grocery money, and a taxi to the train station. Most are found eventually. Disappearances, after all, have explanations. Usually. Strange, the things you remember. Single images and feelings that stay with you down through the years. Like the moment I realized I'd never owned a vase. That I'd never lived any place l...