Skip to main content

[Outlander Summary] S01E10: By the Pricking of My Thumbs.



Murtagh inform Jamie The Duke of Sandringham has arrived to take counsel with Colum. Jamie wondering if The Duke can help him lift the price of his head. Claire ask them to not trust him because he's the close ally to Black Jack. The lawyer, Ned Gowan, give a legal advise to Jamie regarding his chance to get a pardon for a crime he didn't commit. Ned offer to draw a petition of complaint accusing Randall of crimes against the Scottish people.

Claire came to find Laoghaire in the kitchen and confront her about the ill wish. Claire slap Laoghaire when the young girl insult her. Laoghaire promise Claire that one day Jamie Fraser will be hers. Claire surprise when Laoghaire tell her it was Geillis who sold the ill wish to her.

Expect an explanation from Geillis, Claire find her in the middle of woods doing some kind "witch" ritual. She also notice that Geillis is pregnant. Geillis reveal it's Dougal MacKenzie. Geillis makes Claire promise to keep it secret of everything she's just witnessed. She also tell Claire she didn't know the ill wish she sold to Laoghaire is for her.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1:

At first, I found it puzzling...
An English lord, a friend of Black Jack Randall, on such good terms with a known Jacobite like Dougal MacKenzie.

But then I remembered something that Frank had said.
Odd, indeed, but well worth keeping in mind.

On their way back home, Claire hearing a sound of baby crying. Geillis try to stop her when Claire looking for the source, say it's not a human baby and tell her a superstitious stories. Without Geillis help, Claire searching for the sick child alone but it's too late. Jamie find Claire and take her home.


Claire visit The Duke of Sandringham without Jamie's knowledge. She kind of threaten him about the money Dougal collect for Jacobite Army. In return, Claire ask him to deliver the petition of complaint to London so Jamie can restore his good name. When they're in The Duke residence, Jamie and Murtagh meet the MacDonalds clan. The Duke of Sandringham ask Jamie a favor to be appear as his second to MacDonalds dual challenge.

Colum welcome The Duke of Sandringham with big dinner in Castle Leoch. Claire show her disagreement towards The Duke of Sandringham deal with Jamie about the dual. In the middle of dinner, Geillis's husband suddenly collapse on the floor. Claire couldn't save him.

Claire Fraser Monologue #2:

I reluctantly searched the crowd for my friend.
However, what I found was anything but a grieving widow.
It was then I noticed traces of a peculiar odor...
Bitter almonds.

The same smell you'd find resulting from a dose of cyanide.
And I knew straightaway what had caused Arthur Duncan's sudden demise.
He'd been poisoned.

Jamie came home with a sword scar, a result of bickering with MacDonalds clan after the dual. After what happened with Geillis's husband, Colum order Dougal to return to his home and attend his wife funeral. Jamie, Angus, and Rupert will accompany him. Before he's leaving, Jamie ask Claire to stay away from Geillis.

Claire received a message from Geillis ask her to come see her. When she's arrive, Gellis tell her it wasn't her who send Claire the letter. Claire take this opportunity to ask Geillis to leave the village. The wardens knock on Geillis house and arrest her for the witchcraft. Claire who try to interfere the situation got arrest as well.


Music on Outlander S01E10: By the Pricking of My Thumbs.


Dance of the Druids feat. Raya Yarbrough by Bear McCreary.
Claire watching Geillis dances in the middle of night in the woods.

Comments

Popular Post This Week:

[Outlander Summary] S01E01: Sassenach.

For a tv show, the first episode is very important. Because it will determine whether the audience will continue watching or not. Well, I belong to this category. There is no chance for the second or third episode hehehe. Outlander S01E01 "Sassenach" managed to attract me to watch the next episodes because of the interesting and solid storyline, and strong characteristics. When in fact I am less interested with a story "traveling through time" background. Claire Randall Monologue # 1: People disappear all the time. Young girls run away from home. Children stray from their parents and are never seen again. Housewives take the grocery money, and a taxi to the train station. Most are found eventually. Disappearances, after all, have explanations. Usually. Strange, the things you remember. Single images and feelings that stay with you down through the years. Like the moment I realized I'd never owned a vase. That I'd never lived any place l...

[Outlander Summary] S01E06: The Garrison Commander.

Concern about Claire well being, lieutenant Jeremy Foster take her to meet his commander at Brockton. Dougal come along with them. Claire is welcome by the brigadier general, Sir Oliver Lord Thomas, and join him and his men for lunch. There's a tension interaction between Dougal and Lord Thomas that makes Dougal has to leave the room. Claire Randall Monologue #1: Even though I wasn't going by my own choice, I still felt a heaviness leave my breast. And for the first time since I passed through the standing stones at Craigh na Dun, I found myself surrounded by my own people. They might be called Redcoats instead of Tommies, but they were still the British Army I had been a part of for six long years. And somehow it felt liberating to be looked upon with sympathy and respect instead of hostility and suspicion. I knew only too well what Dougal was feeling. A Scottish village it may be, and on Mackenzie land at that, but for Dougal, it was now enemy territory, and...

[Outlander Summary] S02E12: The Hail Mary.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1: It was hard to believe that these were the same brave Highland warriors who had beaten the British army at Prestonpans and Falkirk, who had marched triumphantly into England. Five months of retreat with not enough food and brutal weather had left them broken and demoralized. Our worst nightmare was coming true and I felt completely helpless in the face of it. They arrive just outside of Inverness and get some rest. Even though Dougal and his men are tired, Jamie still ask him to take a patrol to locate the British army. Don't want waste more time, Jamie sent Murtagh to fetch the prince so they can make plan sooner. The three of them know what will happen next because Culloden Moor lies just a few miles east. When Claire go to Inverness to replenish her medical supplies, she met Mary Hawkins. Mary doesn't look happy to meet Claire because she knew what exactly Claire told Alex in Paris about their relationship . Claire offer Mary to apolo...