Skip to main content

[Outlander Summary] S03E11: Uncharted.


Weak and floated in the sea by herself, Claire finally reach a beach of unknown land.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1:

I was relieved to find land.
But as to what land I'd found, I had no clue. It wasn't Grand Turk, that much was certain. It was far too big, and I had
floated far too long.

And worse, I had no idea where or how I would find Jamie.

I remembered the rule of threes. Humans can survive three minutes without air, three days without water, and three weeks without food. Right now, my most urgent need was water.

With what she have, Claire tried to build a shelter to protect her from daylight, rain, and make a fire from leaves and sticks.

Claire Fraser Monologue #2:

I continued further inland, hoping to find a road. A road meant civilization and a town at the end of it. Perhaps there was a port
on the other side of the island where I could buy passage to Jamaica.

After wandering the island looking for some kind human life, Claire arrive and immediately fainted in front of a shacks. The shacks belong to a priest name Father Fogden who lives with his mother in law called Mamacita. Father Fodgen inform Claire she's in the island of Saint-Domingue.

Claire told him, she needs to go to the east to find Jamie. Lucky for Claire, there is a village, St. Luis du Nord that is 30 miles away where there are fishing boats that might carry her to Cap-Haitien. After recovery and clean up, Claire starting to get to know these people who help her.

Don't want to waste anymore time, Claire wants to go to the village as soon as possible, but Father Fodgen insist she needs more time to rest.


Claire Fraser Monologue #3:

I was determined to get to St. Luis du Nord... with or without
Father Fogden's help. My clothes had been washed and mended. Clearly, Mamacita wanted me to go. But I still needed to convince Father Fogden.

The next morning something happened to Father Fogden's goat that led Claire in miracle way reunited with Jamie. With Claire help, Father Fogden officiate Fergus and Marsali in marriage.

Music on Outlander Summary S03E11: Uncharted.

Comments

Popular Post This Week:

[Outlander Summary] S01E01: Sassenach.

For a tv show, the first episode is very important. Because it will determine whether the audience will continue watching or not. Well, I belong to this category. There is no chance for the second or third episode hehehe. Outlander S01E01 "Sassenach" managed to attract me to watch the next episodes because of the interesting and solid storyline, and strong characteristics. When in fact I am less interested with a story "traveling through time" background. Claire Randall Monologue # 1: People disappear all the time. Young girls run away from home. Children stray from their parents and are never seen again. Housewives take the grocery money, and a taxi to the train station. Most are found eventually. Disappearances, after all, have explanations. Usually. Strange, the things you remember. Single images and feelings that stay with you down through the years. Like the moment I realized I'd never owned a vase. That I'd never lived any place l...

[Outlander Summary] S01E06: The Garrison Commander.

Concern about Claire well being, lieutenant Jeremy Foster take her to meet his commander at Brockton. Dougal come along with them. Claire is welcome by the brigadier general, Sir Oliver Lord Thomas, and join him and his men for lunch. There's a tension interaction between Dougal and Lord Thomas that makes Dougal has to leave the room. Claire Randall Monologue #1: Even though I wasn't going by my own choice, I still felt a heaviness leave my breast. And for the first time since I passed through the standing stones at Craigh na Dun, I found myself surrounded by my own people. They might be called Redcoats instead of Tommies, but they were still the British Army I had been a part of for six long years. And somehow it felt liberating to be looked upon with sympathy and respect instead of hostility and suspicion. I knew only too well what Dougal was feeling. A Scottish village it may be, and on Mackenzie land at that, but for Dougal, it was now enemy territory, and...

[Outlander Summary] S02E12: The Hail Mary.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1: It was hard to believe that these were the same brave Highland warriors who had beaten the British army at Prestonpans and Falkirk, who had marched triumphantly into England. Five months of retreat with not enough food and brutal weather had left them broken and demoralized. Our worst nightmare was coming true and I felt completely helpless in the face of it. They arrive just outside of Inverness and get some rest. Even though Dougal and his men are tired, Jamie still ask him to take a patrol to locate the British army. Don't want waste more time, Jamie sent Murtagh to fetch the prince so they can make plan sooner. The three of them know what will happen next because Culloden Moor lies just a few miles east. When Claire go to Inverness to replenish her medical supplies, she met Mary Hawkins. Mary doesn't look happy to meet Claire because she knew what exactly Claire told Alex in Paris about their relationship . Claire offer Mary to apolo...