Skip to main content

[Outlander Summary] S02E02: Not in Scotland Anymore.


Jamie having a nightmare about Randall when he's sleeping at night. As a loving wife, Claire try to comfort him. Claire also need some adjustment to run Jared's big house that have several maids and guards.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1:

Running a great house in Paris had proved more complicated
than I'd ever imagined. Fortunately, Jared had selected
his servants with care, so we had no worries regarding their trustworthiness.

Even after several weeks, Paris itself remained an endless source of fascination. As I gazed upon the quaint city streets, I found it hard to believe that in a mere 40 years, the French Revolution would
turn them into rivers of blood.

The last time I had been here was during the delirious celebration marking the end of the Second World War. I had hoped to climb to the
top of the Eiffel Tower, but the Nazis had closed it during the occupation, and it had yet to reopen.

Now I had arrived a hundred years before it existed.

Claire visited a potion store owned by Master Raymond to help Jamie with his nightmare. They both become friends instantly because same interest in herbs. That and Claire name spread quickly after her encounter with Comte. Jared sent Jamie a letter to inform him he has a meeting with Prince Charles, Jacobite rebellion leader. The meeting is in brothel house.

They discuss the current politics in Scotland. From the heated conversation, it is clear that The Prince determine a catholic king should be in English throne. He tell Jamie & Murtagh they need money support from France's Minister of Finance, Joseph Duverney. He order Jamie to make connection with Joseph Duverney on his behalf. This is not how they plan to stop the war. But, Claire has an idea to stop the money support through French Court.

Claire Fraser Monologue #2:

The next step in the plan was to get an invitation to Versailles.
Louise de la Tour Marquise de Rohan had become my particular friend in the three months we'd been in Paris.

I'd found her to be a warm and caring friend, if like other ladies of her class, she also tended towards the superficial and the frivolous on the surface.


At Louise's house, Claire meet a young innocent English woman named Mary Hawkins. The name is sound familiar to Claire's ears. Mary's uncle has set an arrange marriage between Mary and a French man, Vicomte Marigny. Louise ask Claire to accompany her and Mary on they visit to Versailles.

Having Louise as their connection to get into Versailles, Jamie and Murtagh got to meet The King, even though it's under unpleasant circumstance. So is Claire meeting with Joseph Duverney. Surprisingly, they also meet The Duke of Sandringham there. Murtagh almost loose his temper when he see him.

The most shocking meeting of the night is when Claire being introduced to Duke of Sandringham new secretary, Alexander Randall, who is Captain Randall younger brother and inform her Jack Randall is still alive.

Claire Fraser Monologue #3:

I barely heard the fireworks. What would happen when Jamie found out that Black Jack Randall was alive?. Would his need for vengeance
eclipse our resolve to prevent the uprising?. Should I even tell him. Even if I tried to keep that appalling news from him, in time, he'd be sure to learn the truth.

What then?.


Music on Outander Summary S02E02: Not in Scotland Anymore.

Comments

Popular Post This Week:

[Outlander Summary] S01E01: Sassenach.

For a tv show, the first episode is very important. Because it will determine whether the audience will continue watching or not. Well, I belong to this category. There is no chance for the second or third episode hehehe. Outlander S01E01 "Sassenach" managed to attract me to watch the next episodes because of the interesting and solid storyline, and strong characteristics. When in fact I am less interested with a story "traveling through time" background. Claire Randall Monologue # 1: People disappear all the time. Young girls run away from home. Children stray from their parents and are never seen again. Housewives take the grocery money, and a taxi to the train station. Most are found eventually. Disappearances, after all, have explanations. Usually. Strange, the things you remember. Single images and feelings that stay with you down through the years. Like the moment I realized I'd never owned a vase. That I'd never lived any place l...

[Outlander Summary] S01E06: The Garrison Commander.

Concern about Claire well being, lieutenant Jeremy Foster take her to meet his commander at Brockton. Dougal come along with them. Claire is welcome by the brigadier general, Sir Oliver Lord Thomas, and join him and his men for lunch. There's a tension interaction between Dougal and Lord Thomas that makes Dougal has to leave the room. Claire Randall Monologue #1: Even though I wasn't going by my own choice, I still felt a heaviness leave my breast. And for the first time since I passed through the standing stones at Craigh na Dun, I found myself surrounded by my own people. They might be called Redcoats instead of Tommies, but they were still the British Army I had been a part of for six long years. And somehow it felt liberating to be looked upon with sympathy and respect instead of hostility and suspicion. I knew only too well what Dougal was feeling. A Scottish village it may be, and on Mackenzie land at that, but for Dougal, it was now enemy territory, and...

[Outlander Summary] S02E12: The Hail Mary.

Claire Fraser Monologue #1: It was hard to believe that these were the same brave Highland warriors who had beaten the British army at Prestonpans and Falkirk, who had marched triumphantly into England. Five months of retreat with not enough food and brutal weather had left them broken and demoralized. Our worst nightmare was coming true and I felt completely helpless in the face of it. They arrive just outside of Inverness and get some rest. Even though Dougal and his men are tired, Jamie still ask him to take a patrol to locate the British army. Don't want waste more time, Jamie sent Murtagh to fetch the prince so they can make plan sooner. The three of them know what will happen next because Culloden Moor lies just a few miles east. When Claire go to Inverness to replenish her medical supplies, she met Mary Hawkins. Mary doesn't look happy to meet Claire because she knew what exactly Claire told Alex in Paris about their relationship . Claire offer Mary to apolo...